The Kälberhalle is a living witness of the city history of Augsburg. When in 1880 the slaughterhouse in the inner city became too small, plans matured for a new building on the site of today’s Kälberhalle. In 1900 the new abattoir and livestock market opened next to the Augsburg city harbour. In spring 2004, more than 100 years later, after a new conversion and more compact building use, the imposing livestock market hall was also a building surplus to requirements: our Kälberhalle. Since 2011 it has been the new home of Hasen-Bräu. This listed building is impressive with its historic structure and spectacular industrial architecture. The heart of the building, flooded with light, is the really cosy pub with its brewery. Guests can watch the brewers working at their trade. They can then enjoy the fresh draft Hasen-Bräu beer specialities with a direct view of the brewing kettle and the filling of the kegs.